The vision of WeLEAD is to empower all women to discover and maximize their unique talents, one leader at a time. The inspiration for this initiative grew out of Willmar Lakes Area Vision 2040, a community development initiative aimed at charting a map for community growth over the next 20 years.
Surveys Says…What We Learned From You
In April 2014, a survey was conducted within the community. The data captured and highlighted below is driving WeLEAD’s goals for 2014 and beyond. Here is an overview of what we learned:
What do you look to gain from a leadership series?
- The ability to attend presentation that will help me grow as a professional woman
- A local network with other professional women
- A chance to find a small group I can meet and share with
Which of the following topics would most appeal to you?
- Family Vs. Career – Can you really have it all?
- Maneuvering a Career Path – Different Journeys to Reach a Successful Destination
- Networking – How Do You Get Connected?
- Women Who Paved the Way
What you can expect from the WeLEAD:
A 2016 Spring and Fall Lunch Workshop Series that:
- Addresses current and emerging needs that are unique to women
- Develops leadership and executive skills
- Provides opportunities for coaching/mentoring
- Provides recognition and support
- Offers women an opportunity to learn and thrive in local networks
WeLEAD founding committee members:
Joanna Schrupp, MinnWest Technology Campus
Pat Solheid, Jennie-O Turkey Stores
Kathy Schwantes, University of Minnesota Extension
Sara Carlson, Willmar Area Community Foundation
Theresa Hillis, Kandiyohi County YMCA
Shirley Carter, Rice Health Foundation
Renee Nolting, West Central Industries
Charlene Stevens, City of Cottage Grove